uClibc and SSP

Mwanguhya Daniel Murungi dmurungi at dicts.mak.ac.ug
Sun Nov 8 10:25:47 UTC 2009

Hello,

Am building a system using HLFS (hardened Linux from scratch) and uClibc. I
would like to use uClibc's SSP feature but whenever I enable it, any program
compiled with -fstack-protector and -fstack-protector-all seg faults.

The seg faults do not occur when I disable uClibc's SSP and use libssp from
GCC. The reason I no longer want to link against libssp is because binary
size increases by about 8k.

Patching GCC with the gcc-fstack-protector patch (from Robert Connolly)
doesnot help either.

How do i get uClibc's SSP to work? Am using GCC 4.2.4 and uClibc 0.9.30.1

--
Mwanguhya Daniel Murungi
Makerere University [ DICTS ]

MYTH: Knowledge is power