Problems compiling autoconf on latest toolchain (10.31.2009)

Sergio M. Ammirata, Ph.D. sergio at ammirata.net
Thu Nov 5 20:40:22 UTC 2009

The autoconf is looking for m4 and fails to configure.

To make it work on my machine I edited packages/autoconf/autoconf.mk and
changed:

This line:

AUTOCONF_CONF_ENV = EMACS="no"

To this:

AUTOCONF_CONF_ENV = EMACS="no" M4="/usr/bin/m4"

This is not ideal because it is checking for m4 in the build machine instead
of the target ... But it is not that bad either because it is only checking
for the presence of an external application (it does not use it for anything
else).

Regards,

Sergio