no mail after git-push ?

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Wed May 6 12:02:33 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 06 May 2009 07:03:42 Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> From: Mike Frysinger [mailto:vapier at gentoo.org]
> > On Wednesday 06 May 2009 06:07:13 Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> > > A step in the right direction, but the mails (judging by the ones
> > > I received for busybox) seem to be lacking some vital information,
> > > e.g., the sha1 of the commit, what branch it was made on
> >
> > read the actual e-mail.  there are X-* tags in there with all relevant
> > information.
>
> Ah, then it's there at least; just a bit harder to find...

i pushed out one commit e-mail from the uClibc website repo for people to
check and see if they like the format

> Maybe it is just me, but when reading commit mails I am used
> to only reading the body for the actual commit message. I only
> glance briefly at the list of subjects before starting to read
> the actual messages.

well if anyone else feels that way, i'm not going to object

> For short diffs (<10kB by default) it includes the diff in the
> mail, and for longer diffs it includes a link instead

we didnt have that before and no one complained that i know of, and mailman
itself has a limit (40kB) which i dont believe has been hit before ...
-mike