NPTL for powerpc?

Austin Foxley austinf at cetoncorp.com
Tue Mar 31 16:40:26 UTC 2009

Daniel Ng wrote:
> Is there a simple fix for this?

Carmelo is correct that there is no current support for this. However I just
recently got the sparc32 nptl port (static only) working after a few days work.
My patch (now applied) is here.

http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2009-March/042176.html

It appears to me that the powerpc nptl port is in a similar state to how sparc
was. Basically, just a source dump from an older copy of the glibc arch specific
stuff.

If you need nptl like I needed it, I would suggest starting by looking at my
patch and making similar fixes. I can help you if you run into trouble.

Good luck,
-Austin