NPTL on x86, anyone?

Timo Teräs timo.teras at iki.fi
Wed Jun 24 05:24:10 UTC 2009

Cristi Magherusan wrote:
> Sorry for reviving this forgotten thread, but I'm really interested
> about this topic.
>
> I have set up a uClibc git branch that aims for proper x86 NPTL support,
> that I need for my GSoC project.
>
> Currently it only contains Timo's patches, applied on top of the current
> nptl branch, but I'm willing to shape it and make it properly work so
> that it finally can be merged back in the main uClibc repo.
>
> Feel free to test it, any contributions/feedback/hints are welcome.
>
> The code is stored at
> http://cristi.indefero.net/p/uClibc-cristi/source/changes/nptl/

While fixing the bugs (I sent earlier patches) in linuxthreads.new
I got a better understanding how the libc and libpthreads integration
works. When I get some extra jiffies I could revisit this patch
and fix the blockers that prevent it from inclusion upstream
(mainly the modifications to non-nptl parts).

- Timo