NPTL on x86, anyone?

Cristi Magherusan Cristi.Magherusan at net.utcluj.ro
Sat Jun 20 16:53:17 UTC 2009

Hello,

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 01:33 -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 10 April 2009 01:07:52 Timo Teräs wrote:
> > Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > >
> > > always interested in accepting patches, but no one appears to be
> > > interested in doing the porting work atm
> >
> > Did you all miss the mail I sent yesterday?
> >
> > http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2009-April/042289.html
>
> i saw it, but i generally skim over things that make me go to an external
> location
> -mike

Sorry for reviving this forgotten thread, but I'm really interested
about this topic.

I have set up a uClibc git branch that aims for proper x86 NPTL support,
that I need for my GSoC project.

Currently it only contains Timo's patches, applied on top of the current
nptl branch, but I'm willing to shape it and make it properly work so
that it finally can be merged back in the main uClibc repo.

Feel free to test it, any contributions/feedback/hints are welcome.

The code is stored at
http://cristi.indefero.net/p/uClibc-cristi/source/changes/nptl/

Regards,
Cristi

--
Ing. Cristi Măgherușan, System/Network Engineer
Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania