trying to add fltk 1.1.9

Genedyne genedyne at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 01:49:14 UTC 2009

Trying to add fltk 1.1.9 to buildroot config.
I've made several patches (most of which was to delete the patches
that came with the default fltk 1.1.7 buildroot 'package' directory -
they no longer apply).

Anyway I finally got the package to compile, but the linker complains:
----------------------
(...)../i686-linux-uclibc/bin/ld: errno@@GLIBC_PRIVATE: TLS definition
in /lib/libc/so.6 section .tbss mismatches non-TLS definition in
(...)buildroot/build_1686/staging_dir//lib/libc.so.o section .bss
(...) buildroot/build_i686/staging_dir//lib/libc.co.0: could not read
symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
The TLS / non-TLS issue appears to be related to building something
thread-safe (TLS = Thread Local Storage). It appears that ld thinks
libc.so.6 was build with a TLS version of errno, while libc.so.0 was
NOT. the toolchain was built with NPTL threading enabled, so
everything should be build threadsafe.

Any ideas / hints on what I should be looking at?

Thanks,
Robb.