uClibc Busybox segmentation fault

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Fri Jul 3 06:39:26 UTC 2009

On Friday 03 July 2009 02:26:25 Piyush Verma wrote:
> I compile a cross compiler using uclibc by following the instruction on
> CLFS Embedded.
>
> compiler prefix was  "armv6l-unknown-linux-uclibc.
>
> The compile successfully compile linux kernel and run fine on terminal.
>
> But when I compile busybox and run on terminal I get error of segmentation
> fault.

when things crash, you really need to go through the normal debug/information
gathering routines if you expect people to help.  saying "it crashed" is
completely meaningless.

in other words, build uClibc with debugging, do not strip the libraries, do
the same for busybox, and then throw it under gdb to get a back trace.
-mike