How printf output messages to kernel with uclibc lib

loody miloody at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 06:18:10 UTC 2009

> Dear all:
>   I am porting kernel on my arm platform and I wrote a userspace
> program, hello world.
>   But I cannot see the "hello world".
>
>   my environment is:
>   1. uclinux.dist 2008
>   2. and I put my source code under user and compile it.
>   3. I use arm-linux-2006 to compile kernel
>   4. I use arm-linux-2007 to compile my hello world.
hi:
I have one question about my problem.
Can I replace the kernel execute command, "/init", as "/hello"; that
means the first user space program is hello, not standard int.
Is that the problem which make printt not workable?

I have no idea whether kernel has to do something in "init" such that
"hello" can call printf to show message.

apprecite your help,
miloody