add __adjtimex to get ntpd to work properly

David Mosberger-Tang dmosberger at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 18:58:22 UTC 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, David Mosberger-Tang wrote:

> UCLIBC_NTP_LEGACY does the trick, too.  Is there a way to
> automatically force that when somebody selects the ntp package?  If
> now, perhaps the help message could be clarified?

 Michael> It does??

 Michael> In my experience, while the ntp_???time functions enabled by
that option
 Michael> can be used as a substitute for __adjtimex() by the core
ntpd daemon, the
 Michael> tickadj utility can only use __adjtimex().  If __adjtimex is not
 Michael> available, it falls back to a different technique only applicable to
 Michael> non-Linux kernels, which doesn't even compile because it wants
 Michael> <sys/var.h>.

Ah, good point.  I only recompiled ntpd, not adjtimex, so my test-case
certainly succeeded.

  --david
--
Mosberger Consulting LLC, http://www.mosberger-consulting.com/