Adding shared memory implementation

Mikael Lund Jepsen, ICCC mlj at iccc.dk
Fri Jan 23 14:39:33 UTC 2009

Mikael Lund Jepsen, ICCC wrote:

> Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>>> +  /* skip opening slash */
>>> +  if (*name == '/')
>>> +    ++name;
>>>

>> I think skipping all leading '/' is better:
>>    for (; *name == '/'; ++name);
>>
> I took the newlib code verbatim to keep the number of different
> implementations down,
> but if we are making changes I think we should adopt the glibc code in
> this case:
> /* Construct the filename.  */
>   while (name[0] == '/')
>     ++name;
> Thanks,
> Mikael
>>  Jocke

Hi all,

I've changed the patch as suggested by Joakim, but taking the glibc
variant instead as explained previously.
Also, the line in docs/uClibc_vs_SuSv3.txt stating that these functions
are not implemented should be changed as well I think.
I have not included that in the patch as I was not quite sure that it
was ok to simply delete the line.

The test app is unchanged, but attached again for convenience.

Any takers on adding these to cvs?

Thanks,
Mikael