uClibc 0.9.30 segfault + fix

rhabarber1848 rhabarber1848 at web.de
Mon Jan 19 09:14:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

Rob Landley wrote:

> On Sunday 18 January 2009 05:42:07 rhabarber1848 wrote:
>>
>> check bug report 5694 on the old Mantis bug tracker,
>
> Can
> you suggest a method to access this data that I'm likely to bother to do?

part of the long bug report can be found here:
http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc-cvs/2008-October/025579.html

The discussion continued in November, unfortunately no mails from that
period made it into the mail archive and I do not have any local copies
left.

> If "it doesn't segfault" is a sufficient indication that
> everything's working perfectly, then I'll happily submit a patch
> permanently switching the config option off and consider the problem
> solved...

Yes, the indicator of the bug is a segfault, this relates to all apps linked
to uClibc. I even started a glibc system and used chroot to the uClibc
system, even here all uClibc apps started inside that chroot produced a
segfault if I use pre-generated locales.

Cheers, rhabarber1848