uClibc 0.9.30 segfault + fix

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Jan 19 05:35:47 UTC 2009

On Sunday 18 January 2009 05:42:07 rhabarber1848 wrote:
> Rob Landley wrote:
> > I also don't have any test cases.
>
> Hi,
>
> check bug report 5694 on the old Mantis bug tracker,

My laptop had a hard drive crash since I grabbed the static snapshots, and I
don't really feel like looking around for the USB drive they're on.  Can you
suggest a method to access this data that I'm likely to bother to do?

> there the endianness
> problem was discovered, calling Busybox from kernel init resulted in a
> segfault.

Yes, I'm aware that if you have an endianness problem the sucker won't work.
What I'm saying is I never use internationalization so I have no idea what
kind of tests you do to see if internationalization is actually working
properly.  If "it doesn't segfault" is a sufficient indication that
everything's working perfectly, then I'll happily submit a patch permanently
switching the config option off and consider the problem solved...

Rob