Bug tracker

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Jan 17 09:12:16 UTC 2009

On Friday 16 January 2009 03:54:23 Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> Have I missed some announcement that the bug tracker used
> for uClibc has changed?

Back when Morris (the busybox/uClibc server) got cracked, the mantis bug
tracker turned out to be the infection vector.  So we yanked it to protect the
server, and since then migrated the old debian image that nobody was
administering since Erik left to a gentoo image administered by OSUOSL.

Rather than put mantis back, Bernhard and Denys decided to go with Bugzilla.
I haven't been following it closely because I don't really use the bug
tracker.

> I just noticed that I had not
> received any mails about bugs since Nov 17 (which used
> to be sent to uclibc-cvs at uclibc.org), so I went to
> http://bugs.uclibc.org/ and noticed that there now is a
> Bugzilla tracker.

The page was a notice that it was down for several weeks before the bugzilla
went up.

> I assume this has to do with the resent
> changes of hosting, but some kind of announcement may have
> been a good idea. Also, is the old bug tracker available
> somewhere, or are all the old bug reports lost?

There was a vague plan to migrate the old data, but I dunno its current
status.  I have a snapshot of the static web pages, and the OSUOSL guys still
have the data.

Ping support at osuosl.org with these kind of questions. :)

Rob