uclibc-nptl build error on arm

Mikael Lund Jepsen, ICCC mlj at iccc.dk
Wed Jan 14 14:43:13 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I've brought down the uclibc-nptl branch from cvs today and hacked
buildroot (snapshot from 20081215) a bit to compile it.
I'm compiling for ARM against a 2.6.23.16 kernel, but run into this error:

In file included from libpthread/nptl/sysdeps/pthread/sigaction.c:31:
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c: In function '__libc_sigaction':
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c:53: error: storage size of 'kact'
isn't known
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c:53: error: storage size of 'koact'
isn't known
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c:71: warning: implicit declaration
of function '__ptrvalue'
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c:71: warning: pointer/integer type
mismatch in conditional expression
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c:72: warning: pointer/integer type
mismatch in conditional expression
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c:53: warning: unused variable 'koact'
./libc/sysdeps/linux/arm/sigaction.c:53: warning: unused variable 'kact'
make[2]: *** [libpthread/nptl/sysdeps/pthread/sigaction.os] Error 1

I've been building vanilla uclibc-0.9.30 (which declares kact the same
way) without problems in the same buildroot tree, so I'm a bit puzzled
what I did wrong/differently. I've included my configs for buildroot and
the two uclibc configs, hoping that may shed some light.

Also, can anyone tell me what the current state of nptl for arm is
(Khem, Carmelo?) - I know you are currently trying to bring the branch
in sync with trunk, but how far this has got and how much is left? Any
known problems? We are looking at putting this in a production system
quite soon, so we are very interested in getting the arm port working. I
will be glad to help out anyway I can, experience permitting.

TIA,
Mikael