UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK in uclibc breaks i586?

Nigel Kukard nkukard at lbsd.net
Sun Jan 4 12:40:59 UTC 2009

Sorry for cross-posting this, I think the uclibc mailing list may be a
better suited ML.

I'm trying to track down a segfault when building and running a i586
buildroot.

Now in buildroot:
In the uclibc 0.9.29 config UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK is disabled and works 100%.

In the uclibc 0.9.30 config UCLIBC_USE_NETLINK is enabled. I've just
built for i586 and can confirm that enabling this option causes
segfaults in ifconfig and dropbear just after the netlink recvmsg
function calls.

Can anyone point me into a direction to resolve this? I'm trying to resolve a problem with gdb, so can only do an strace at present.