svn commit: branches/uClibc-nptl: libc/sysdeps/linux/common libpthread/lin etc...

Will Newton will.newton at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 16:27:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Denys Vlasenko
<vda.linux at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Also,
>> what mechanism does linuxthreads_new use to make sure it's using the
>> functions in libc, rather than something overridden by the application?
>
> Have no idea. There is no evidence linuxthreads_new works for
> any architecture. And no, I'm not going to check 12 architectures
> just because you want to know it for sure. That had to be done by
> the submitter of that code, at the time of submission.
> Obviously, [s]he did not even test it on the most easily available
> arch, x86.

The new linuxthreads does work and is at this moment shipping in
products. I posted a patch some time ago to update it to the latest
version of linuxthreads upstream (and fix a serious bug in the
process) but it does not seem to have been applied. I've attached it
again if anyone's interested.

I am aware linuxthreads doesn't build for some architectures but it
should really be fairly easy to fix.