Adding a new config option, mind if I check this in?

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 24 17:50:23 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 24 February 2009 08:21:19 am Rob Landley wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 February 2009 01:02:24 Peter Kjellerstedt wrote:
> > > Anyway, I'm trying to get the number of patches I carry in FWL
> > > down to a dull roar.  This is a patch I've had in FWL forever,
> > > cleaned up and ready to submit.  Sound reasonable?  (There's a
> > > help entry at the end explaining why.)
> > >
> > > Rob
> >
> > Given that we have a very similar patch in our local version
> > of uClibc, I would like to see this patch applied as well.
>
> Done. :)

          You must disable this to use uClibc with a relocatable toolchain,
          such as the prebuilt binary cross compilers at
          http://uclibc.org/downloads/binaries which may be installed at an
          arbitrary location (such as in a user's home directory).

          The amount of time saved by this optimization is actually too small to
          measure.

Since switching it on does more harm than good, why is it on by default?
--
vda