linuxthreads, signals and sigaltstack

Will Wagner will_wagner at carallon.com
Mon Feb 2 17:40:42 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I am using uClibc 0.9.30 with linuxthreads on an arm target.

I am trying to use signals and it is segfaulting in the linuxthreads code. I have not
delved into it deeply yet but I think that self in __pthread_sighandler_rt() is NULL. I am
guessing this is because I have setup a separate signal stack using sigaltstack and so the
thread_self() function is unable to determine the thread.

Before I start trying to debug this can anyone offer any insight on this? Does my theory
sound plausible or have others managed to successfully do this?

Thanks,

Will
Will Wagner                                     will_wagner at carallon.com
Development Manager                      Office Tel: +44 (0)20 7371 2032
Carallon Ltd, Studio G20, Shepherds Building, Rockley Rd, London W14 0DA