bionic libpthread port

Austin Foxley austinf at cetoncorp.com
Mon Dec 21 05:38:04 UTC 2009

On 12/20/2009 02:55 PM, matthieu castet wrote:
> I resurrected the port of bionic (android libc) thread library I did a
> year ago.
> I put it on http://github.com/mat-c/uClibc/commits/uClibc_bionic (also
> in uClibc_bionic_fixes branch with some other fixes)

Cool! It's _tiny_ ( compared to nptl ).

> - use most of the linux kernel thread features (futex, CLONE_THREAD)
> unlike old linuxpthread.

Same as nptl here.

> - it doesn't support thread cancellation (see CAVEATS file)

I'm fine with that, I always thought it was a bad interface anyways. The added
bonus of course is that it makes the thread library almost completely
self-contained (no extensive hacks to libc/).

> - it misses some pthread functions : for example no barrier, missing
> *timedwait variant, ...

*timedwait is fairly widely used, so that would be probably need to be added.

> - some theoric race

You mind detailing what those known races are?

-Austin