[patch] Fix m68k syscalls

Maxim Kuvyrkov maxim at codesourcery.com
Tue Aug 4 19:28:04 UTC 2009

Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
> Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> On Wednesday 22 July 2009 10:49:00 Maxim Kuvyrkov wrote:
>>> As described in thread
>>> http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2009-July/042670.html, uClibc
>>> build is currently broken on m68k.  The attached patch ports relevant
>>> pieces of syscall handling from recent GLIBC thus fixing the problem.
>>
>> please try the patch i posted as yours appears to contain a lot of
>> stuff that the unification patch was supposed to, well, unify:
>> http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2009-July/042714.html
>
> I didn't notice your patch before.  Do you plan to check it in soon?
>

>> also, do you really need your own syscall.[cS] ?  wont the common
>> syscall.c work for you now ?
>
> It should work fine.  In fact, my intention was to unify code from GLIBC
> and uClibc ;).

Hello Mike,

I've added a couple of tweaks (removed syscall.c) to your patch and
verified that it builds on m68k.  I didn't do runtime testing at this
point, but I will sometime later.

FWIW, I eyeballed the patch and the common code and didn't spot any
problems.  Do you necessarily need confirmation that runtime tests pass
or can you check in the patch as is?

--
Maxim K.
CodeSourcery