svn commit: [26155] trunk/uClibc/extra/scripts

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Apr 30 20:20:48 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 04:08:19PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Saturday 18 April 2009 20:51:04 vda at uclibc.org wrote:
> > Author: vda
> > Date: 2009-04-19 00:51:04 +0000 (Sun, 19 Apr 2009)
> > New Revision: 26155
> >
> > Log:
> > Reinstate {drm,mtd,rdma,sound,video} directory installtion
> > pending some explanation from gurus. Expanded comment explaining
> > _why_ we try to install these exact directories.
> >
> > Modified:
> >    trunk/uClibc/extra/scripts/install_kernel_headers.sh
>
> this script needs to die.  we're way past the point where the C library needs
> to coddle people into installing the kernel headers for them.  this is a
> standard and necessary step in building a sane toolchain.
>
> so unless there's any real reason to retain this, i'll cut the crap

I didn't even realize uclibc had such a script.  I asked the kernel
build scripts to install headers for me before building uclibc.

There is no way uclibc can keep up with changes in the rules needed to
install kernel headers, so it shouldn't try.  Besides at best it is
duplication of code and effort, and at worst it does it wrong.

--
Len Sorensen