Illegal instruction on m68k nommu

Lennart Sorensen lsorense at csclub.uwaterloo.ca
Mon Apr 20 17:46:50 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 01:00:04PM -0400, Lennart Sorensen wrote:
> > For example - there is a huge difference between a RedHat kernel, and
> > kernel.org. Most Debian userspace packages are heavily patched - yeah, it
> > kind of stinks - but that is what "diff" is for....
>
> No, that's what the seperately provided patches are for.

Actually I find it interesting to look at blackfin's version of elf2flt.
This particular CTOR/DTOR bug was fixed 2007-08-30, then reintroduced
2008-11-06 because someone grabbed changes from upstream, and then fixed
again 2008-11-27.

This is exactly one of those things where locally kept patches would
have saved a lot of trouble, since the difference between local and
upstream would have clearly shown that removing the lines was a fix,
and adding them back in on a future upstream merge would not happen
since the patch would do a remove against a known base from upstream.

Possibly the use of a better version control system would take care of
it too I suppose.

Either way this change ought to go upstream since it does fix m68k with
gcc 4.3.

--
Len Sorensen