NPTL on x86, anyone?

Timo Teräs timo.teras at iki.fi
Fri Apr 10 05:49:33 UTC 2009

Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Friday 10 April 2009 01:07:52 Timo Teräs wrote:
>> Mike Frysinger wrote:
>>> always interested in accepting patches, but no one appears to be
>>> interested in doing the porting work atm
>> Did you all miss the mail I sent yesterday?
>>
>> http://lists.uclibc.org/pipermail/uclibc/2009-April/042289.html
>
> i saw it, but i generally skim over things that make me go to an external
> location

The patch is about 70 kB. I find it good practice to send large
(as in over 40-50kB) patches as URLs instead of as attachment/inline.

But I can send it as attachment too if wanted.

I just noticed that some changes there are probably not right
based on the recent MIPS patch discussion.
E.g. pthread_cleanup_push_defer related things.

Also wondering if the NPTL version is planned for update? The
nptl branch is based on pretty old snapshot.

- Timo