LINUXTHREADS_NEW bug.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Sep 30 03:26:25 UTC 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 05:44:46 Hans-Christian Egtvedt wrote:

> Well, AVR32 uses linuxthreads.old, since linuxthreads does not seem to
> work. I have not looked into why.
> I suggest we only wipe a thread library when all architecture have a
> working alternative, hopefully NPTL.

It seems that all architectures _do_ have a working alternative:
LINUXTHREADS_OLD.  I'm just as happy to wipe the _other_ one and keep
LINUXTHREADS_OLD, I just think it's darn silly to maintain two pthreads
implementations with nptl coming.

I was poking at the new one because I'd been told it works for some people.
I've encountered problems with it myself.  They're probably fixable, but
considering nobody wants to drop the old one, ever, what's the point?

Rob