Compiling router firmware with uclib

Ale s66576 at alice.it
Sun Sep 28 13:55:32 UTC 2008

Hi, I have a netgear DG834g router with inside:

# cat /proc/version
Linux version 2.6.8.1 (root at localhost.localdomain) (gcc version 3.4.2)
#2 Fri Jan 11 17:25:23 CST 2008

system type             : 96348W3
processor               : 0
cpu model               : BCM6348 V0.7

Into the source  package get by netgear site, I found uClibc-0.9.28
used to compile the other software like busybox,udhcp and utelnetd.
Now I want to recompile the busybox and add some features. I Found in
this path

source/uClibc-0.9.28/extra/gcc-uClibc# ls
gcc-uClibc.c  gcc-uClibc.h  Makefile  mips-uclibc-gcc  mips-uclibc-ld
mips-uclibc-gcc: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1
(SYSV), for GNU/Linux 2.6.8, dynamically linked (uses shared libs),
stripped

I think that is the binary used to compile the other program so I put
it in my $PATH but while I try to compile the other software I always
get this error:

make
mips-uclibc-gcc    -c -o cron.o cron.c
make: *** [cron.o] Error 255

make
mips-uclibc-gcc  -DSHELLPATH=\"/bin/login\"   -c -o utelnetd.o
utelnetd.c
make: *** [utelnetd.o] Error 255

Anyone could help me ? Best regards