confirmed working NPTL revision?

H.Heinold heinold at physik.tu-cottbus.de
Tue Sep 16 13:09:34 UTC 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 01:55:05PM +0200, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> Either my checkout is somehow corrupted, or there is simply no arm
> support for the new linuxthreads:
>
> libpthread/linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/errno-loc.c:23:27: error:
> sysdep-cancel.h: No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [libpthread/linuxthreads/sysdeps/pthread/errno-loc.oS]
> Error 1
> $ find ./ -name sysdep-cancel.h | grep -i arm
> $
> nada.
>
> >will arise. I do think the new linuxthread need to be maintained for
> >some time.
>
> There was a patch posted recently which brought the new linuxthreads in
> sync with current glibc. Perhaps you have the time to audit it?

Hi,

I stumbled over that too while compiling qt-emebedded 4.1 which can only
be compiled with linuxthreads for arm oabi. There are only 2 files missing
from the glibc implementation(seems they were not include in the inital linuxthread import,perhaps of the moving from arm to ports).
I just copied them over and was able
to compile qte successfully(I integrated the last linuxthreads from the ml here
too), but didnt yet tried to run this on a device yet. I showed the patch khem alredyd and if someone is intrested I can post it here too.

--

Gruss Henning