Fwd: Cannot build uclibc++ against toolchain (dl_iterate_phdr & __tls_get_addr)

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Wed Oct 29 07:05:39 UTC 2008

Rob Landley wrote:
> On Monday 27 October 2008 12:50:13 Carmelo AMOROSO wrote:
>> Sorry for having confused with multiple patches/proposal and emails.
>> Currently the dl_iterate_phdr symbols is defined in ld-uClibc.so.0 and
>> libdl.a. The idea is to move into libc.so.0 and libc.a (exactly as glibc
>> does).
>
> Well, that sounds like a good thing all by itself.  Why is uClibc defining it
> in a different place than glibc does right now?
I don't know... it was as is since the beginning.
> (And why don't more programs
> break due to that?)

dynamically linked program will always find it in the ld.so (always
available).

> For one thing, a statically linked program would never get dl_iterate_phdr
> right now, right?
Yes, infact I discovered the problem while statically linking a C++
application.
(What does that symbol _do_, anyway?  Is there some
> documentation I should read up on somewhere?)

man dl_iterate_phdr
it can say something much more and better than me ;-)
>> Carmelo
>
> Rob

Cheers,
Carmelo