malloc-simple's __libc_free_aligned is public?

Bernhard Reutner-Fischer rep.dot.nop at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 17:15:30 UTC 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 02:21:55PM +0100, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
>Rob Landley wrote:
>> So svn 23660 broke arm with my .config, but if I change my .config from
>> MALLOC=y to MALLOC_STANDARD=y it works again.
>>
>> Does anybody understand the difference between the "MALLOC"
>> and "MALLOC_SIMPLE" options?  The make help is not being useful here.
>>
>> Off to try MALLOC_SIMPLE...
>
>MALLOC_SIMPLE has disastrously bad performance.  It should be removed.

r8199 | andersen | 2003-12-30 02:41:14 +0100 (Tue, 30 Dec 2003) | 4
lines

Update and restore malloc-simple.  Slow as molasses, but trivially
simple and releases memory immediately when asked to do so.
 -Erik

Let me hide __libc_free_aligned for now (there is no immediately
obvious reason why that would be a public weak function, would anybody
know?)

We could remove it later, after the release, but not right now.