Compiling asterisk against uclibc-0.9.29

Ming-Ching Tiew mingching.tiew at redtone.com
Fri Oct 17 10:15:58 UTC 2008

I have been using asterisk ( eg 1.4.20.1 ) with uclibc-0.9.28 all the
while and it has been working.

But recently I feel that there is a need for me to check out
uclibc-0.9.29. But after I compile asterisk against uclibc-0.9.29, if
I run asterisk with :-

    # asterisk

The prompt will return, but process listing shows asterisk has
created 3 threads ( or processes ) ( I can't tell for sure because
when I am using old linux thread, each thread appears as a process )
and it will block there forever and there is no /var/run/asterisk.ctl
created.

However, if I run it with :-

    # asterisk -v

 The prompt will never return, but there is a /var/run/asterisk.ctl
created and from the process listing, I could see that there are many
many asterisk threads/processes created.

Because the uclibc has many tweakable CONFIG options, I am pretty sure
it is one of the options which causes this behaviour. Anyone has idea
at which point that asterisk is blocking at ?

Attached my uClibc config

Regards.