[ANNOUNCE] uClibc-0.9.30-rc2 released

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Oct 15 20:24:12 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 15 October 2008 04:51:13 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I know - we have taken our time. After quite a long period of
> general improvement all over the place we are pleased to announce
> uClibc-0.9.30-rc2.

Ok, I say Bernhard's maintainer now.  He puts out releases.

Erik: Bernhard sound good to you?  The handoff to Mike didn't take.  He sort
of vanished four months ago, having never put out a release.  His last post
to this list was June 5th, at which point the previous release from you was
14 months old and there were still no concrete plans for a new one.
Bernhard's put out two -rc candidates already and has a specific deadline
(end of the month) for 0.9.30.  I'm all for this.

I point out the following exchange, which occurred between him and me on the
#uclibc channel on freenode today (and should eventually show up in full at
http://ibot.rikers.org/%23uclibc/20081015.html.gz ):

[12:39] <blindvt`> 'lo
[12:41] <landley> blindvt: hiya.
[12:41] <landley> So I say you're maintainer now.  I'm going to poke Erik
about it.
[12:41] <landley> You put out releases.
[12:42] <blindvt`> landley, i'll do the 0.9.30, that's all. I don't care about
being maintainer or not
[12:44] <landley> Are you saying you don't want to handle releases after
0.9.30?
[12:44] <landley> This was a one time thing?
[12:44] <landley> Because uClibc _needs_ a maintainer.  Mike didn't, and
Erik's retired.
[12:45] <blindvt`> landley, one step after the other. I'll keep the thing
going, but no promises
[12:46] <blindvt`> landley, so yes, if you see it that way, i play maintainer
*shrug*
[12:46] <landley> (Maintainer isn't really an honor, it's actually a
janitorial position.)
[12:47] <landley> We want to put your name on the little sign on the supplies
closet with the mop, just so we know who to blame. :)
[12:47] <blindvt`> landley, i did _alot_ janitorial stuff recently, so yea
[12:47] * blindvt` grins

I say we shanghai him.

Rob