Size of sigset_t is 128 bytes?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sun Nov 23 01:50:51 UTC 2008

On Saturday 22 November 2008 11:36:42 Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Do we need to maintain sizeof(sigset_t) equal to glibc's?

Don't see why, we're already not binary compatible with glibc (or with our own
previous versions until 1.00), and this value comes out of a header we
supply...

While we're at it, is there any reason for dev_t to equal glibc's size instead
of linux's?  (Linus expanded dev_t to 32 bits rather than 64, because he
wanted it to be a cookie and wanted to _discourage_ people from doing things
like encoding scsi luns in there.  But alas, glibc is partly written for hurd,
which has much insanity.)

Rob