android thread library ported to uclibc

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Nov 17 07:52:53 UTC 2008

On Monday 17 November 2008 00:43:03 Christian MICHON wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:33 AM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > Or you could apply the attached patch, which is less work.
> >
> > What's the license on this?  It looks like it's BSD
> > _with_advertising_clause_, which is incompatible with the GPL.
>
> like all these ?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html#GPLIncompatibleLicenses

Yes, there are multiple sources of code that can't be sucked into uClibc.
Thank you for noticing.  "I found this in the leaked version of the NT source
code" would be another one, not on that list.

Proposing to incorporate code to uClibc which is under a license incompatible
with the one on uClibc (LGPL in this case, typo) is, potentially, an issue.
I believe this to be the case, at any rate, but am happy to hear your
thoughts on the matter.

Rob