[ANNOUNCE] uClibc-0.9.30 released

Natanael Copa natanael.copa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 07:07:47 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 16:33 +0100, Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 09:03:18AM -0600, Rob Landley wrote:
> >On Wednesday 12 November 2008 06:52:07 Bernhard Reutner-Fischer wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> uClibc-0.9.30 has been released.
> >
> >Yay!
>
> :)
>
> Just as a sidenote and because there were at least three people running
> into this very issue lately:
>
> The current gcc-3.4.6 from "hardened gentoo" miscompiles 0.9.30,
> the current stable release of gcc, 4.3.2 at the time of this writing,
> works just fine for me. So either fix your old compiler or use
> a compiler that is somewhat current..
>
> Those who tried to use gcc-3.4.6 from gentoo experienced segfaults
> when running any app that was _linked_ against -lpthread, fwiw.

The problem come from a buggy gcc which did not create frame pointers
(due to -fomit-frame-poitner) but the assembly tried to access it
anyway.

It is possible to work around it by adding -fno-omit-frame-pointer for
linuxthreads.old/* as the attatched patch does.

I assume the patch is not needed for newer gcc's.

-nc