playing at long last with uClibc++

Christian MICHON christian.michon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 22:50:22 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 10:51 PM, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
>> The only use of libsupc++.a is apparently to extract some objects from it
>> only.
>
> Er, yes, I said:
>
>> All I really _need_ is a half-dozen .o files bundled into that .a file,

I did not realize I was that redundant :)

> Hence:
>
>> *shrug*  I could beat compilation out of it by hand, but I'd like something
>> that has at least a minimal chance of working in future gcc versions...

I did not understand the "beat compilation" sentence, but now it makes
perfect sense :)

> Speaking of which, how's e release going?  (Are the stars right?)

We're in November here now, right ?

> The fundamental problem is that the gcc build is very non-orthogonal.
>
> If I can cd into the libsupc++ directory and get it to build just that, I'll
> probably be happy with that.  (It's a separate directory, it has its own
> makefile.  Logically this would imply _some_ kind of separation from the rest
> of the build.  But logic and the gcc build process seem to have very little
> in common so far, other than perhaps a distant ancestral relationship...)

I'm performing the same trick I did last year, this time outputting a
few log file on how libsupc++ was compiled with uclibc-0.9.29. So I'll
know shortly if this is doable.

> Writing my own makefile that feeds in the appropriate hand-generated .config
> stuff sounds like a maintenance nightmare.

reminds me my 2 liner patch to remove ncurses dependency for uclibc
compilation...
provided I feed a good .config :)

>> thoughts, comments ? at least, I'll try that myself on a native system
>> tonight... :)
>
> Let me know how it goes...

baking now...

--