playing at long last with uClibc++

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Sat Nov 1 07:01:35 UTC 2008

On Friday 31 October 2008 08:07:41 Christian MICHON wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I *finally* managed to compile uclibc++ and it now complains about
> powl, sqrtl, etc... missing on my system.
> I'm still using uclibc-0.9.29 :(

I've been fighting with that sucker all week.

Have you figured out how to get the gcc build to compile libsupc++.a without
building the rest of the libstdc++-v3 directory?  (For some reason, that
directory's ./configure is not figuring out what exception handling model the
g++ it _already_built_ is using, unless I explicitly
say --disable-sjlj-exceptions on the command line, which is probably bad on
some non-x86 architecture.  And then when I _do_ pass that it goes:

make[4]: Entering directory
`/home/landley/firmware/firmware/build/temp-i686/build-gcc/i686-unknown-linux/libstdc++-v3/include'
make[4]: *** No rule to make target
`/home/landley/firmware/firmware/build/temp-i686/gcc-core/libstdc++-v3/../gcc/gthr-.h',
needed by `i686-unknown-linux/bits/gthr-default.h'.  Stop.

and the build goes all pear shaped from there.  All I really _need_ is a
half-dozen .o files bundled into that .a file, but the gcc build is a big
tightly integrated hairball and the only way I've found so far to build that
one library is "make all".  (Not even all-gcc, which skips libstdc++ but
gives me a working g++.  Go figure.)

I suppose I can just disable IMPORT_LIBSUP in uClibc++ defconfig, but then the
result seems unlikely to work.  (Not that I'm any sort of expert on what C++
needs, I avoid it as much as possible...)

Rob