[RFC] build system replacement

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Sat May 31 09:41:59 UTC 2008

Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> The new system I have worked on simplifies these Makefiles.

A lot of this is just the klib-y trick, which could be done just as well
in the existing system.

I don't think "simplifying the Makefiles" should be a goal by itself, as
they aren't all that complicated - maybe a bit more verbose than
necessary, but that doesn't really make them harder to understand.

Adding header file dependencies would be a good thing.  IMO, if it can
be done within the existing framework, that's better than throwing
everything out.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen