[RFC] build system replacement

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Thu May 29 17:31:04 UTC 2008

Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> I noticed that uclibc build system is broken.
> After I touch a file, running make won't rebuild it.

As far as I can tell, only files that go into libc.so and not into
libc.a, such as forward.c from libpthread, are affected.  This seems to
have been broken by revision 12519, which changed some Makefiles to give
rules to build lib/libc.so, but the target we're trying to build is
still lib/libc.so.0.

> So I decided to replace build system, using my
> experience in replacing build system for busybox.

We can't rewrite entire subsystems everytime we find a bug.  Better to
understand what's wrong: in this case the fix is quite simple.  Try the
patch below.

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen