Power off ethernet device

Nicola Salvemini nicolasalvemini at yahoo.it
Mon May 26 09:40:29 UTC 2008

Hello,

probably my question is
stupid, but I'm not an expert! I'm sorry for this!
I'm developing some
software on a development board based on AT91SAM9260 processor. I
need to power off the ethernet device, but I need a “low level”
command. I mean that an “ifconfig eth0 down” command is not
suffice to my purpose, I need a command to emulate a cable
disconnection, something to power off the yellow LED on the ethernet
port.
Maybe I have to implement
a function that uses some kernel functions, but I don't know where to
start.
Could you please give me a
suggestion?
Thanks in advance,