[RFC] build system replacement

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri May 16 16:10:15 UTC 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 16:02, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> On Thursday 08 May 2008 01:08, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > > (can I grab a patch/diff and answer my own question?  :)  It's like saying I
> > > want to RTFM :) )
> >
> > http://uclibc.org/~vda/build_system.tar.bz2
>
> This file is updated now.
>
> Over the weekend I worked on it more and now it successfully builds
> three test .config files, one of those is for shared lib.
>
> NB: it is a work in progress, nowhere near the stage when it
> can be recommended for use even for developers.
> It is intended as a RFC material - take a look at it,
> maybe build one of test .configs (they are included in tarball)
> and let me know if you see any fundamental problems with it.

Updated it again, with fourth test .config.
The .config has

# DOPIC is not set
HAVE_SHARED=y

which results in notably different set of libs being built.
The libs built with "new" and "old" build systems differ a bit:
old system failed to enforce read-only stack in a few object files.
See test4.diff file inside.
--
vda