uClibc-0.9.27 with locale for ntfs-3g

Jorgen Lundman lundman at lundman.net
Thu May 15 07:54:34 UTC 2008

Hello list,

Working on an embedded MIPS32le architecture to get ntfs-3g to work
(which it does) I run into the problem that it needs locale to be able
to convert to utf8.

I have not been able to find much information regarding this. If I
compile uClibc with "nls", do I also need some binary locale files
somewhere on the system? Can I download those separately, or do I need
to generate them myself? Or should I be looking at compiling iconv as a
separate package and re-compile ntfs-3g?

There was a separate tarball from 2003 with source code, is that
relevant? The rootfs provided on the download page for mips32 appear to
contain no locale files.

Lund

--
Jorgen Lundman       | <lundman at lundman.net>
Unix Administrator   | +81 (0)3 -5456-2687 ext 1017 (work)