svn commit: trunk/uClibc: extra/scripts

Carmelo AMOROSO carmelo.amoroso at st.com
Wed May 7 07:49:35 UTC 2008

Hello, just some comments...

vda at uclibc.org wrote:
> Author: vda
> Date: 2008-04-27 16:10:00 -0700 (Sun, 27 Apr 2008)
> New Revision: 21880
>
> Log:
> build system: improve install_headers.
> Now it uses dedicated script instead of inline makefile commands,
> which helps readability.

ok, tha's fine for me
> It also installs asm[-generic] and linux subdirs from kernel headers
> (previously it had to be done separately).

why ? I'd disagree with this choice.... it brakes some more complex
build system
where kernel-headers are installed in other way (i.e. rpm based build
system).

are there have been discussion on the list about this change... if yes,
please
give me the link... likely I've missed during my last holidays some posts.

otherwise, I'd like to open a discussion on this.

> Lastly, it passes each uclibc header thru unifdef, which strips
> #ifdef UCLIBC_INTERNAL conditional from headers.
>
> Currently it's a no-op (no such #ifders in tree).
> The plan is to have libc_hidden_proto(foo) migrated to headers
> and guard them by these #ifdefs.

so, the final choice was to use this approach.. just for confirmation.

Thanks,
Carmelo