uclibc segfault in ldso

Nigel Kukard nkukard at lbsd.net
Sat Mar 29 06:22:06 UTC 2008

> > > This trace looks like it is missing LD_DEBUG=1 rpm or LD_DEBUG=all rpm,
> > > such a trace can get very big so you need to trim it down before
> > > posting. You also need SUPPORT_LD_DEBUG=y in .config
> >
> > Stupid busybox, it didn't export the env variable .... I'm rebuilding a
> > static sh now.
>
> What version of stupid busybox is that, which shell (ash I think?),
> and what exactly it failed to do properly for you?

1.9.2, shell was ash

Firing up
# LD_DEBUG=y command

Didn't make LD_DEBUG=y environment variable available to "command".
Neither did export LD_DEBUG=y . A statically compiled bash shell
compiled separately and put into the rootfs worked. I didn't debug this
and didn't check if it even supports env variables in that way, saw it
didn't work and used a static sh.

-N