uclibc segfault in ldso

Joakim Tjernlund joakim.tjernlund at transmode.se
Fri Mar 28 16:23:31 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 16:04 +0000, Nigel Kukard wrote:
> HI,
>
> > Can't see anything, I think you should add printouts in __uClibc_init()
> > to see if you get there, use the write() sys call as I don't think you
> > can use any of the libc print functions.
> >
> > Non PIE rpm works I guess?
> > Does rpm work in glibc, both PIE and non PIE?
> >
> >  Jocke
>

> _malloc:921: mmapping more memory
> _dl_get_ready_to_run:748: Beginning relocation fixups
> here: 001
> here: 002
> here: 025
> here: 026
> Segmentation fault
>
> Looks like its choking on pthreads?

Yes, keep adding printouts in  __pthread_initialize_minimal()
Which pthreads are you using? The old one is less buggy and the
only one supported.

I vaugly remember a problem with weak references and phtread, maybe
if you look in the archives?

BTW, the code you sent was horribly damaged by line wrapping.

   Jocke