Problems with syscall for SH

Thiago Galesi thiagogalesi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 12:58:59 UTC 2008

Hello

I am trying this with svn uclibc, and even with (moderately) old
versions the result is the same.

I saw this problem discussed in older messages (for other archs), but
it was not solved them

There is a conflict with the definition of syscall (in .h) and the
implementation (for SH).

this is the .h (include/unistd.h)

extern long int syscall (long int __sysno, ...) __THROW;

this is the .c (libc/sysdeps/linux/sh/syscall.c)

long syscall(long sysnum,
                         long arg1, long arg2, long arg3,
                         long arg4, long arg5, long arg6)

Problem is, if I take the .c prototype and put it in the .h, things
will not work (eg. there are problems with compiling pthread)

What would be the correct way to deal with this? Most archs don't have
this problem, as they have a syscall.S file, ARM uses a .c, I'll try
to figure out from there.

Thanks
--
-