daemon deadlock

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 12 20:29:12 UTC 2008

On Thursday 12 June 2008 20:09, simon at sequanux.org wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 09:59:34AM +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> > On Thursday 12 June 2008 00:05, simon at sequanux.org wrote:
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am using a uClibc (version 0.9.29) to build a rootfs for a i586
> > > target. The configuration file is joined to this mail. I am facing
> >
> > CROSS_COMPILER_PREFIX="...../i586-linux-uclibcgnueabi-"
> >
> > i586 + gnueabi. Last I remember, gnueabi was an ARM thing. ?!
> > Although I am not an expert, maybe it's ok.
>
> Yes you are right. It is due to a poor target suffix alias choice.
> Except having a bad named prefix, i think there is no more consequences.
>

> > > with a problem while calling the daemon function from the fuse library.
> > > Process reach a deadlock. Symtoms are well described here :
> > > http://www.nabble.com/uClibc-%2B-Fuse-Deadlock-problem-progress!-td14368008.html
> > >
> > > Any idea to get a proper fix is welcome.
> >
> > Puzzling. Can you try to diagnose it further?
> > Instead of inserting daemon()'s body into fuse_daemonize(),
> > can you add an exact copy of uclibc's
> >
> > int my_daemon( int nochdir, int noclose )
> > {
> > }
> >
> > above it and then call it instead of daemon()?
> > Does this work?
>
> Yes it work.

Can you run "objdump -xdr <unstripped executable>"
for both unmodified, not-properly-working one,
and this second one which works?

Can you compare daemon()'s object code?
Or at least post it here.

If you are using shared libs, in the first case
you will need to objdump corresponding libc.so file instead.
--
vda