"building toolchain" wiki

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 16:40:17 UTC 2008

On Thursday 05 June 2008 18:11, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> I don't know, by this time I think I will be maybe able to download
> this new kernel image, and if it won't be compatible with old binaries...
> ...I dont know what will happen.

No disaster happened, and then I've got new busybox running there.
Wow.

This one's original:

root:/bin> ./busybox.org
BusyBox v1.4.1 (2008-03-18 16:13:54 CST) multi-call binary
Copyright (C) 1998-2006 б═Erik Andersen, Rob Landley, and others.
Licensed under GPLv2. б═See source distribution for full notice.

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
   or: [function] [arguments]...

        BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
        utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
        link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
        will act like whatever it was invoked as!

Currently defined functions:
        [, [[, awk, basename, bunzip2, bzcat, cat, chgrp, chmod,
        chown, chroot, clear, cmp, cp, cpio, crond, crontab, cut,
        date, dd, df, diff, dmesg, du, echo, env, expr, false,
        fdisk, find, free, fsck, ftpget, ftpput, getopt, getty,
        grep, gunzip, gzip, head, hostname, hwclock, id, insmod,
        kill, killall, klogd, last, ln, logger, logname, losetup,
        ls, lsmod, md5sum, mdev, mkdir, mkfifo, mknod, modprobe,
        more, mount, msh, mv, nc, netstat, nslookup, pidof, ping,
        printf, ps, pwd, readlink, renice, rm, rmdir, rmmod, sed,
        seq, sh, sleep, sort, stty, sync, syslogd, tail, tar,
        tee, test, tftp, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute, true,
        tty, umount, uname, uniq, uptime, usleep, vconfig, vi,
        watch, wc, wget, which, whoami, xargs, yes, zcat

And this one is new:

root:/bin> ./busybox
BusyBox v1.11.0.svn (2008-06-05 16:09:39 CEST) multi-call binary
Copyright (C) 1998-2008 Erik Andersen, Rob Landley, Denys Vlasenko
and others. Licensed under GPLv2.
See source distribution for full notice.

Usage: busybox [function] [arguments]...
   or: function [arguments]...

        BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
        utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
        link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
        will act like whatever it was invoked as!

Currently defined functions:
        [, [[, addgroup, adduser, adjtimex, ar, arp, arping, awk, basename, brctl, bunzip2, bzcat, bzip2, cal, cat, catv,
        chat, chattr, chgrp, chmod, chown, chpasswd, chpst, chroot, chrt, chvt, cksum, clear, cmp, comm, cp, cpio, crond,
        crontab, cryptpw, cut, date, dc, dd, deallocvt, delgroup, deluser, depmod, df, dhcprelay, diff, dirname, dmesg, dnsd,
        dos2unix, dpkg, du, dumpkmap, dumpleases, echo, ed, egrep, eject, env, envdir, envuidgid, expand, expr, fakeidentd,
        false, fbset, fbsplash, fdflush, fdformat, fdisk, fetchmail, fgrep, find, findfs, fold, free, freeramdisk, fsck, fsck.minix,
        ftpget, ftpput, fuser, getopt, getty, grep, gunzip, gzip, hd, hdparm, head, hexdump, hostid, hostname, httpd, hush,
        hwclock, id, ifconfig, ifdown, ifenslave, ifup, inetd, init, inotifyd, insmod, install, ip, ipaddr, ipcalc, ipcrm,
        ipcs, iplink, iproute, iprule, iptunnel, kbd_mode, kill, killall, killall5, klogd, lash, last, length, less, linux32,
        linux64, linuxrc, ln, loadfont, loadkmap, logger, login, logname, logread, losetup, lpd, lpq, lpr, ls, lsattr, lsmod,
        lzmacat, man, md5sum, mdev, mesg, microcom, mkdir, mkfifo, mkfs.minix, mknod, mkswap, mktemp, modprobe, more, mount,
        mountpoint, msh, mt, mv, nameif, nc, netstat, nice, nmeter, nohup, nslookup, od, openvt, passwd, patch, pgrep, pidof,
        ping, ping6, pipe_progress, pivot_root, pkill, printenv, printf, ps, pscan, pwd, raidautorun, rdate, readlink, readprofile,
        realpath, renice, reset, resize, rm, rmdir, rmmod, route, rpm, rpm2cpio, rtcwake, run-parts, runlevel, runsv, runsvdir,
        rx, script, sed, sendmail, seq, setarch, setconsole, setkeycodes, setlogcons, setsid, setuidgid, sh, sha1sum, slattach,
        sleep, softlimit, sort, split, start-stop-daemon, stat, strings, stty, su, sulogin, sum, sv, svlogd, switch_root,
        sync, sysctl, syslogd, tac, tail, tar, tcpsvd, tee, telnet, telnetd, test, tftp, tftpd, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute,
        true, tty, ttysize, udhcpc, udhcpd, udpsvd, umount, uname, uncompress, unexpand, uniq, unix2dos, unlzma, unzip, uptime,
        usleep, uudecode, uuencode, vconfig, vi, vlock, watch, watchdog, wc, wget, which, who, whoami, xargs, yes, zcat, zcip

root:/bin>

Thanks for you help guys.
--
vda