svn commit: trunk/uClibc/libc/inet

Denys Vlasenko vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 14:27:25 UTC 2008

On Friday 06 June 2008 15:31, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> vda at uclibc.org wrote:
>
> > Remove superfluous attribute_hidden from function
> > definition. I seems to produce spurious warning:
> > libc/inet/resolv.c:1549: warning: 'visibility' attribute ignored on non-class types
> > (seems like gcc bug)
>
> > -FILE * attribute_hidden __open_etc_hosts(void)
> > +FILE * __open_etc_hosts(void)
>
> I suspect you got bitten by the C declaration syntax.  The above looks
> like it applies attribute_hidden to the pointer type FILE *.

Possibly. I tried

FILE * __open_etc_hosts(void) attribute_hidden { ...

- that didn't work at all. So I decided to just take advantage
of the fact that we already have extern decl with attribute_hidden
at the beginning of this file.

In hindsight, maybe it wants this?!

FILE * __open_etc_hosts attribute_hidden (void) { ...

This would be ugly.
--
vda