svn commit: trunk/uClibc/libc/unistd
vda.linux at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 6 03:19:05 UTC 2008
On Friday 06 June 2008 03:09, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> Hi Bernd
> On Thursday 05 June 2008 19:40, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> > > Log:
> > > getopt: do not needlessly use static structure.
> > > Reorder structure members and change some of them into smallints
> > > to reduce bss and text:
> > > text data bss dec hex filename
> > > - 2403 12 40 2455 997 libc/unistd/getopt.o
> > > + 2252 12 0 2264 8d8 libc/unistd/getopt.o
> > >
> > > Modified:
> > > trunk/uClibc/libc/unistd/getopt.c
> > > trunk/uClibc/libc/unistd/getopt_int.h
> > So, after about a day of bisecting and rebuilding stuff I've found that
> > this is the patch that stops my Blackfin board from booting normally
> > when using an updated version of uClibc.
> > This patch shows a complete lack of understanding of the getopt
> > interface (note: getopt is called several times in a row, so we can't
> > clear the internal data on each call). Reading the code at the start of
> > _getopt_internal_r should have made that plain. The patch also can't
> > possibly have been tested. I'm reverting it.
> I feel ashamed. I caused far too much breakage in recent time
> than I did good things. Have to do much better than that.
> Sorry. :(
I added some machinery to my uclibc build system so that I can run
both uclibc testsuite and also a busybox testsuite against freshly
built uclibc. I checked that it would have caught my blunder
in getopt, had I created the system earlier.
Found and fixed one false positive in uclibc testsuite. I see some
other problems there, will take a look a bit later.
I returned to getopt and did some shrinking, and tested it this time
by running busybox testsuite (which uses tons of getopt calls).
Will commit it in a fw minutes.
Sorry again for my sloppy work earlier.
More information about the uClibc