[RFC] build system replacement

Bernd Schmidt bernds_cb1 at t-online.de
Tue Jun 3 09:36:21 UTC 2008

There appears to be one additional problem.  Sometimes I get the
following cycle:

bernds at beaker /local/src/uclibc/bernds/uClibc $ make
make[1]: `conf' is up to date.
  STRIP -X --strip-debug -R .note -R .comment lib/libpthread.a
   AR cr lib/libpthread.a
bernds at beaker /local/src/uclibc/bernds/uClibc $ make
make[1]: `conf' is up to date.
  STRIP -X --strip-debug -R .note -R .comment
libpthread/linuxthreads.old/libpthread_so.a
   AR cr libpthread/linuxthreads.old/libpthread_so.a
   LD libpthread-0.9.29.so
bernds at beaker /local/src/uclibc/bernds/uClibc $ make
make[1]: `conf' is up to date.
  STRIP -X --strip-debug -R .note -R .comment lib/libpthread.a
   AR cr lib/libpthread.a

The patch below fixes it.  Again, it's probably crude, since I'm not
that familiar with all of make's tricks.  I noticed you added some rules
for .u which contain a strip step in the toplevel Makerules, but I'm not
sure how to use these.

Comments?

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen